Tuesday 7 July 2009

VC in PAL Land

Yes, it sucks for the most part, outside of the C64 (and maybe the N64 surprisingly) it isn't worth buying any PAL releases since they're all gimped. I changed my Wii's region firmware to NA to gain access to their VC store but it seems the Wii's NTSC signal doesn't support RGB Scart and since my TV doesn't support S-Video I'd have to either use component on my LCD (ugh) or composite on my CRT (ugh). So yeah, that got changed back to the EU firmware sharpish and I resigned myself to only buying 60Hz VC games and using homebrew emulators for everything else.

I was surprised to find Ninja Gaiden (called Shadow Warriors when it was originally released, lol @ the EU being afraid of the word ninja) was the NA version. I love this game so I picked it up, I also grabbed Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels which is kicking my arse and The Dynastic Hero (Wonderboy in Monsterworld on the MegaDrive). I know some people say the MegaDrive version is better but I only have access to the PAL version of that so... meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment