Skip to main content

Steam Perils of Summer Sale.

Oh god, another huge sale, and the games are so cheap. I've been trying to hold out but I've still bought 17 games and had one gifted to me. There's some ultra cheap ones I'm still holding out on as well, just in case their price gets slashed again before the final day. My best deal so far? The Gothic bundle for £1.79. This was actually a misprice but I got it before they corrected it.

On a side note, my parents went on holiday to America on Monday. I asked them to keep an eye out for a NES lol and made sure to tell them to call it an EN EE ES instead of a Nez. I'd have one already if shipping wasn't so horrendously high. I'm not sure what I'll do with my PAL NES on the off chance they actually come back with one, maybe I'll keep it for the PAL exclusives.

-Update-
It's finally over, here's what I ended up getting.

DarkStar One
Toki Tori
Puzzle Kingdoms
NecroVisioN
AquaNox
Avencast
Freedom Pack
Devil May Cry 4
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
Beat Hazard iTunes DLC
Beat Hazard
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Red Faction Guerrilla
Shatter
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Gothic Bundle
Resident Evil 5
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Second Sight
Men of War
Star Wolves 3 (gifted to me)
Overlord Complete Pack
Cryostasis

This is with me holding back as well... On the plus side only one of these games cost more than £5 ^_^;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GFWL and Resident Evil 5

I've been sorting through my old physical PC games and donating some that I won't play again and aren't worth anything. I assumed my old Games For Windows Live titles would not work, but they do! They absolutely do! GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable III, Lost Planet 2...etc, they all work perfectly. They have some installation quirks. You do need the latest GFWL update and they can take an age to install, so long in fact it feels like the installer has crashed in the case of Lost Planet 2, but if you leave it be it will complete and then work just fine.  I also found out that I could still install the GFWL version of Resident Evil 5 on Steam and that also works. It no longer shows your serial key on Steam but I was able to use my Lost Planet 2 serial key on it instead. It seems some GFWL titles used a shared key database and aren't locked to a specific title. Red Faction: Guerrilla and Flatout Ultimate Carnage also still have their GFWL versions available on Ste...

3 Dead Consoles. Christ Almighty.

My NES, my DC and my PS3 are all dead. Yes, dead. I cannot fucking believe this. I mean the DC is forgiveable, it's 10 plus years old and been on its last legs for some time now. The NES only received its routine clean however and the PS3? The PS3 hardly gets bloody used! I've been playing Megadrive games on the fucking thing this month. This really sucks... :(