Skip to main content

Selling Up?

I've been thinking of doing this for a while now. I have a lot of games, far more than is shown in my Backloggery. Games I beat long ago such as Dreamcast games, PSX games, GC games, MD games, Snes games...etc. I also, for whatever reason just can't get into handheld gaming, my 360 never gets used, my PS3 is a Battlefield 1943 box and my Wii is a glorified emulation machine. PC is where I play most of my games and lord knows I have enough of those to keep me going for the next 5+ years. There are the occasional console games I want to play but they're so infrequent I'm not sure it's worth holding onto the systems.

Part of me wants to collect every machine under the sun but it just ends up being a lot of clutter. It'd be nice to just be free of it all and only have one or two. I wouldn't mind getting rid of my current PC as well, it's a fucking beast right now. Seriously, you could fit a small child in the Akasa Eclipse, an SFF system would be far more ideal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GFWL and Resident Evil 5

I've been sorting through my old physical PC games and donating some that I won't play again and aren't worth anything. I assumed my old Games For Windows Live titles would not work, but they do! They absolutely do! GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable III, Lost Planet 2...etc, they all work perfectly. They have some installation quirks. You do need the latest GFWL update and they can take an age to install, so long in fact it feels like the installer has crashed in the case of Lost Planet 2, but if you leave it be it will complete and then work just fine.  I also found out that I could still install the GFWL version of Resident Evil 5 on Steam and that also works. It no longer shows your serial key on Steam but I was able to use my Lost Planet 2 serial key on it instead. It seems some GFWL titles used a shared key database and aren't locked to a specific title. Red Faction: Guerrilla and Flatout Ultimate Carnage also still have their GFWL versions available on Ste...

Baldur's Gate III / CyberPunk / Theatrhythm

Baldur's Gate III finally comes out this August. I need to crack on with replaying Baldur's Gate II. I'm not sure what to do with CyberPunk, I just can't seem to get into it. Part of that could be that I'm playing it on PS5, where the text is super small and you can't plug in a mouse and keyboard. I might just sell it and try the PC version in 5 years or something. I won't be buying a PC that can play it for some time. There's a lot coming out at the moment that I'm interested in. I didn't get round to buying the newest Fire Emblem or Yakuza but did pick up the latest Theatrhythm which is fun. I went for the Switch version for the option of mobile play, but I've only played it on the TV so far.