Skip to main content

Stepmania

I finally got round to purchasing a small media PC for my dance pad and living room TV. It's a Dell Optiplex with a Core i3-2100, 4GB RAM and an Nvidia 610 GPU. Hardly the latest and greatest but it's small and more than enough for Stepmania.

I gave it a test run yestrday and everything worked great. Right now I'm downloading some more packs but it's taking awhile since they're all hosted on Megaupload.

I'm probably going to give DDR via PS1/2 emulators a try as well. I'm thinking input lag might be an issue but we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GFWL and Resident Evil 5

I've been sorting through my old physical PC games and donating some that I won't play again and aren't worth anything. I assumed my old Games For Windows Live titles would not work, but they do! They absolutely do! GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable III, Lost Planet 2...etc, they all work perfectly. They have some installation quirks. You do need the latest GFWL update and they can take an age to install, so long in fact it feels like the installer has crashed in the case of Lost Planet 2, but if you leave it be it will complete and then work just fine.  I also found out that I could still install the GFWL version of Resident Evil 5 on Steam and that also works. It no longer shows your serial key on Steam but I was able to use my Lost Planet 2 serial key on it instead. It seems some GFWL titles used a shared key database and aren't locked to a specific title. Red Faction: Guerrilla and Flatout Ultimate Carnage also still have their GFWL versions available on Ste...

3 Dead Consoles. Christ Almighty.

My NES, my DC and my PS3 are all dead. Yes, dead. I cannot fucking believe this. I mean the DC is forgiveable, it's 10 plus years old and been on its last legs for some time now. The NES only received its routine clean however and the PS3? The PS3 hardly gets bloody used! I've been playing Megadrive games on the fucking thing this month. This really sucks... :(