Skip to main content

Goodbye Gaming PC

My Macbook Pro arrived on Friday, work have a deal set up with Apple that allows you to get a Macbook (and the OSX/Windows versions of Microsoft Office) at a discount. I've been wanting to downgrade for a while now and I've been quite impressed with the iPhone so I put in for one. All in all it's very impressive which is to be expected I suppose. I tried some games on it and it holds its own well enough. Not as great as my PC of course but that's OK. The plan now is to give some of the parts from my PC to my parents to speed theirs up and sell the rest. I'll probably buy an OEM version of Windows 7 at some point for the occasional bootcamp game before putting some money aside for a 46"-50" TV. Then I'll put a HTPC together to go under the telly and I'll be all set.

I'm also abandoning current gen console gaming altogether. So little of what's out there interests me, a couple of old consoles, the occasional handheld and Steam all do a far better job as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yeah, PIC! ^_^



I installed Steam and instantly had 47 games including Civ V. Gota love those SteamPlay titles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GFWL and Resident Evil 5

I've been sorting through my old physical PC games and donating some that I won't play again and aren't worth anything. I assumed my old Games For Windows Live titles would not work, but they do! They absolutely do! GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable III, Lost Planet 2...etc, they all work perfectly. They have some installation quirks. You do need the latest GFWL update and they can take an age to install, so long in fact it feels like the installer has crashed in the case of Lost Planet 2, but if you leave it be it will complete and then work just fine.  I also found out that I could still install the GFWL version of Resident Evil 5 on Steam and that also works. It no longer shows your serial key on Steam but I was able to use my Lost Planet 2 serial key on it instead. It seems some GFWL titles used a shared key database and aren't locked to a specific title. Red Faction: Guerrilla and Flatout Ultimate Carnage also still have their GFWL versions available on Ste...

3 Dead Consoles. Christ Almighty.

My NES, my DC and my PS3 are all dead. Yes, dead. I cannot fucking believe this. I mean the DC is forgiveable, it's 10 plus years old and been on its last legs for some time now. The NES only received its routine clean however and the PS3? The PS3 hardly gets bloody used! I've been playing Megadrive games on the fucking thing this month. This really sucks... :(