Skip to main content

Back on Windows

So after my brief stay on Linux Mint (which was fantastic bar the lack of games) I've come back to Windows. I was looking into buying a 120GB SSD and 2TB HDD but err, I really shouldn't be spending that kind of money right now. So instead I just did a shit ton if copy & pasting to make room for an installation partition on my 500GB drive and dumped my Steam folder onto a portable HDD.

In the mean time I've been playing Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest IX. Fire Emblem's still great yet incredibly frustrating when you fuck up and get someone killed. I'll probably have that finished by the end of the week though.

Dragon Quest is something I've been playing on the bus, it's been pretty great though I have to admit, most of my bus journeys to and from work these past few days have been used for catching up on sleep, so not much play time there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GFWL and Resident Evil 5

I've been sorting through my old physical PC games and donating some that I won't play again and aren't worth anything. I assumed my old Games For Windows Live titles would not work, but they do! They absolutely do! GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable III, Lost Planet 2...etc, they all work perfectly. They have some installation quirks. You do need the latest GFWL update and they can take an age to install, so long in fact it feels like the installer has crashed in the case of Lost Planet 2, but if you leave it be it will complete and then work just fine.  I also found out that I could still install the GFWL version of Resident Evil 5 on Steam and that also works. It no longer shows your serial key on Steam but I was able to use my Lost Planet 2 serial key on it instead. It seems some GFWL titles used a shared key database and aren't locked to a specific title. Red Faction: Guerrilla and Flatout Ultimate Carnage also still have their GFWL versions available on Ste...

3 Dead Consoles. Christ Almighty.

My NES, my DC and my PS3 are all dead. Yes, dead. I cannot fucking believe this. I mean the DC is forgiveable, it's 10 plus years old and been on its last legs for some time now. The NES only received its routine clean however and the PS3? The PS3 hardly gets bloody used! I've been playing Megadrive games on the fucking thing this month. This really sucks... :(