Skip to main content

My NES is back!

Well not my NES, my parents threw that out without telling me 13 years ago. I bought this one off eBay, it should be here any day now. I'm so excited, I've already bought a bunch of games ready to play, mostly ones I had as a kid but also a few I didn't. I was going to try and go for an NTSC NES but the shipping on importing one is killer and finding games boxed, complete and in good condition is hard enough without having to worry if the other person will ship internationally and package them well.

Speaking of eBay, most of the stuff I listed sold for a decent price. I'm gona put the SNES and Mega Drive up soon, maybe my PS2 games as well as some other bits and bats. The Wii definitely stays but I'm still not sure about the 60GB PS3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GFWL and Resident Evil 5

I've been sorting through my old physical PC games and donating some that I won't play again and aren't worth anything. I assumed my old Games For Windows Live titles would not work, but they do! They absolutely do! GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable III, Lost Planet 2...etc, they all work perfectly. They have some installation quirks. You do need the latest GFWL update and they can take an age to install, so long in fact it feels like the installer has crashed in the case of Lost Planet 2, but if you leave it be it will complete and then work just fine.  I also found out that I could still install the GFWL version of Resident Evil 5 on Steam and that also works. It no longer shows your serial key on Steam but I was able to use my Lost Planet 2 serial key on it instead. It seems some GFWL titles used a shared key database and aren't locked to a specific title. Red Faction: Guerrilla and Flatout Ultimate Carnage also still have their GFWL versions available on Ste...

3 Dead Consoles. Christ Almighty.

My NES, my DC and my PS3 are all dead. Yes, dead. I cannot fucking believe this. I mean the DC is forgiveable, it's 10 plus years old and been on its last legs for some time now. The NES only received its routine clean however and the PS3? The PS3 hardly gets bloody used! I've been playing Megadrive games on the fucking thing this month. This really sucks... :(